Thursday, March 3, 2011

the upside down business building hussle bussle

I did a 20 minute surveillance of the business building from about 11:40 am - 12:00pm documenting the "ending of class" bussle and the "get to class" hussle.
I filmed it upside down, though it is slightly crooked. This way of situating the camera is odd, because I continuously want to switch the image back to the way I feel it is suppose to be (right side up). This tug and pull of wanting to rearrange the frame, makes your brain HURT!
Kind of interesting- the people walking on the upside of the frame look as if a moving mass of human clouds is occurring.
It is very long, so I need to edit it a little bit, speed some stuff up.
At the end I get a shot where there is noone in the frame, and the recording then ends.
I will get the video up when it is done being edited.

We are possibly commenting on-
-the systems that spring up when we choose to schedule our lives, how crowds gather, and sooner then later seem to fade
-also i noticed that many people as soon as they step outside of the building they hop on there cell phone
-commenting on human behavior, but altering the way in which we can view the behavior, as if these acts are merely temporal
I DON'T KNOW! lets here what you guys think!
If anyone wants the raw version, I can sent that to them through email- just let me know.

and....if anyone would like to try something else, its all game!

2 comments:

  1. that sounds awesome. do we want to try filming inside in a hallway or do you think we are all set with this footage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the footage is good. i will be posting it to the blog once it is uploaded to youtube.
    DOES ANYONE STILL WANT TO MEET BEFORE CLASS? let me know please!
    I was thinking it would be interesting if someone dubbed some audio over the video?
    let me know if you are inspired after you see the video. should be up in about an hour! meaning before 3 pm today!

    ReplyDelete